Monday, January 08, 2007

Another Mysterious Smell Takes NYC

I arose this morning in my friend’s apartment and was greeted by a gaseous funk. It was natural gas, but not the usual kind found around me, but the kind that lights your stove. I thought the stove was on, but a quick examination revealed it was not. I assumed my nose had become unaccustomed to NYC and it was nothing to worry about.

However, it turns out it was a big to-do. The entire city smelled like gas and the masses were in an uproar. One New Yorker, an accountant named Michael Williams, reportedly postponed a cigarette break for fear of blowing up the entire city! Naturally, NYC officials blamed New Jersey, a thoroughly rank State, for letting this one go. New Jersey denied it, ergo supplied it, and the case is now closed.

However, the whole episode brings back fond memories of the mysterious and still unidentified maple syrup smell in Washington Heights of October 05.

No comments: